|Application deadline:||from November 2nd 2012 to June 30th 2013|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational Form:||Academic , Professional|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The main objective of this doctorate is to carry out a research project constituting the basis for defending the doctoral thesis.
Lines of research of the doctorate
* Biomedical informatics and systems biology: the bioinformatics of the genome, complex systems laboratory, structural bioinformatics, computer assisted drug design, sanitary telematics, microarrays, chemogenomics, molecular evolution...
* Genetic and epigenetic regulation: transcriptional regulation, chromatic expression and expression of genes, regulation of alternative pre-mRNA splicing, interactions of protein-RNA, regulation of the synthesis of proteins in eukaryotes, translational control of genes expression, epigenetic events in cancer...
* Cell and developmental biology: immune system receptor inhibitors, cell signalling, neurogenesis, myogenesis, responses to stress, haematopoietic differentiation, stem cell biology, cell cycle and apoptosis, pancreatic differentiation and cancer, epithelial morphogenesis, replication of RNA viruses, organogenesis...
* Pharmacology and clinical pathophysiology: research into pain, neuropharmacology of addiction to drugs, chemical analyses, proteomics, analysis of drugs in biological samples, clinical pharmacology, substance use disorders, applied mycology...
* Human genetics and evolutional biology: genomic diversity, function of the genes, gene therapy, genetic causes of diseases, murine models of diseases, analysis of the behaviour of genetically modified mice, Williams-Beuren syndrome...
* Epidemiology and public health: occupational health, effects of environmental pollution, epidemiology of asthma, evaluation of the perception of health, molecular and clinical epidemiology of pancreatic cancer, epidemiology of cardiovascular diseases, etc.
* Defence of the Thesis Project
* Biomedical Research Seminars at the PRBB
* Science in Action (includes Conducting Responsible -Research and Critical Thought)
* Computer resources sessions (organized by the Mar campus Library)
Accreditation of holding a Bologna Master's Degree.
Research project on one of the research areas of the Doctoral Programme.
Letter written by one of the responsible people of the research group to which the applicant belongs.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||550|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||80|