|Application deadline:||June 28th|
|Tuition fee:||Not specified|
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Duration full-time:||36 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational Form:||Academic , Professional|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The doctorate in Humanities is oriented towards research from an interdisciplinary perspective, and aims to provide comprehensive knowledge of the fundamental problems in human sciences and especially those in art, literature and thought.
Training objectivesThe doctorate in Humanities aims to train highly qualified researchers to start a career in teaching and research in the scientific and academic world, or to start a professional career in the arts and culture. The purpose of the doctoral programme is to complete a doctoral thesis, a work supervised by a lecturer on the doctoral programme, which must be original and the student's own work, about a specific topic within the proposed research lines.
Academic ContentThe content of the doctorate in in Humanities is determined by the research projects, which determine the research lines.
In the first year of the doctorate course, students must attend the activities organized by the University Institute of Culture and the Department of Humanities. These are seminars, conferences and symposia in which guest lectures participate. These activities covering the topics in the doctorate are organized to encourage doctoral students to become interested in areas that are not directly related to their own research.
* Humanities Training Permanent Seminar
* Doctorate workshop
* Defence of the Annual Research Plan
* Seminar on Advanced Humanities Topics
Competences that will be attained after completing the programmeDoctoral students will learn to interpret texts and images, begin research using primary sources (images or text) and secondary sources (literature). They must learn to relate and associate various sources (artistic, literary and philosophical), to consider working hypotheses, and how to structure them and express them.Career prospectsResearch, university teaching and cultural management.
Lines of research of the doctorate * European Art and non-Western Cultures
* Art and Nature
* Philological Editing of Literary Texts
* The Creation of Myth
* Aesthetics and Political Philosophy
* Modern and Contemporary Philosophy
* Philosophy and History of Religions
* Subjectivity in Literary and Performative Genres
* History of Literary Creation
* History of the Philosophical Schools
* History of the Artistic Movements
* Image, Symbol and Vision
* Intertextuality and Rewriting
* Catalan Literature
* Comparative Literature
* Travel Literature
* Literature and Visual Arts
* Literature and Politics
* Medieval Literature
* Literatures of the European Tradition
* Myth, Literature and Religious Belief in the Ancient World and Survival
* Orality and Writing
* Poetics and Rhetoric: Reading Strategies
* Relationships between Philosophy and Literature
* Cultural Representations: Gender Issues and Identities
* Intercultural Spaces, Language and Identity
* Literary Theory
* Modern and Contemporary Spanish Literature
* Art Theory and Criticism
* Theory and History of Literary Reception
* Contemporary Literatures
In order to be admitted toHumanities PhD Programme offered by UPF, candidates must provide accreditation that they have obtained an accreditedundergraduate degree(Bachelor degree or recognised equivalent degree from an accredited Higher Education Institution).
Moreover, they have to proof that they have obtained or are in position to obtain an accredited graduate/master's degree(equivalent to a Spanish Master Universitario/Oficial, Master's of Research.... ) which enables them to access a Phd programme in their home country.
In order to access a doctoral programme at UPF, you need to have completed 300 ECTS credits, 60 of those have to correspond to an official graduate, research orientated master's programme.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.