|Application deadline:||January 15, 2015|
|Tuition fee:||Not specified|
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Duration full-time:||48 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Bocconi PhD in Business Administration and Management is a 4-year full time program designed for highly qualified and motivated students who wish to acquire top research and analytical skills in business and managerial disciplines. It is primarily designed for students seeking jobs in academia but it also provides know-how that is appreciated by multinational companies, government agencies, financial institutions, consulting firms and international agencies.
The program provides a sound methodological basis, exposure to forefront methods, and the ability to design and implement research projects in business disciplines. This is achieved through a balanced mix of full time courses, advanced seminars, field projects, research placement at Bocconi and other leading universities, interaction with international teachers and scholars, and a carefully tutored dissertation project.
The Faculty is composed of research oriented scholars with international scientific standing, mainly from Bocconi but also from other Italian and foreign universities. The program is composed of two main curricula areas (ManagementandMarketing) and by five different majors and minors which students can choose from.
Bocconi encourages applications from international students. It values their presence in the program as an important contribution to its diversity and intellectual richness. While the program is designed to specialize students in one field of business administration and management, it provides them with the interdisciplinary knowledge that is welcome in the administrative and managerial sciences. It also combines training in the collection and analysis of business data and information with the ability to approach problems logically and from a theoretical perspective. It emphasizes both quantitative and qualitative methods of business research and decision making.
Throughout the program students will find an atmosphere congenial to scientific research and to participation in the international scientific debate. The PhD thesis is expected to show an autonomous ability to identify problems, and to design and conduct original research. It is expected that students will produce articles publishable in top international journals.
Courses and Requirements
Lessons start at the beginning of September. You can not attend the program through distance learning.
Starting from the a.y. 2015 - 2016 the PhD will have anew curriculum architecture.
First year - a.y. 2014 - 2015
You have to attend 1 Preparatory course in Mathematics and 12 compulsory courses.
Courses refer to 3 main sequences:
1 Economic and Social Sciences for Business Studies;
2 Fundamentals of Business;
You have an exam for each course and then, at the end of the year, you have to pass the General Exam in the sequence of Fundamentals of Business.
* Mathematics - Preparatory course
* Microeconomic Analysis
* Introductory Econometrics for Business Studies
* Organization Science
* Business Economics Firm Behavior I
* Econometrics of Linear Models
* Marketing Theory
* Technology Strategy
* Sociology for Business Studies
* Business Economics & Firm Behavior II
* Applied Business Studies
June-July GENERAL EXAM
Second year - a.y. 2015 - 2016
In your second year you must choose: 1 field major, 1 field minor + 3 electives + track Advanced Methods (compulsory) to reach a total of 12 courses. The fields among which students can choose their major and minor include: Strategy, Marketing, Organization, Technology, Accounting* (*jointly with the PhD in Economics and Finance).
You have an exam for each course and then, at the end of the year, you have to pass the Field Exam concerning the field major you have chosen.
Before you enter your third year, you have to start writing your Research Proposal.
COURSE TITLE * Corporate Strategy
* Consumer Behavior
* Organizational Behavior
* Technology and Innovation Management
* Accounting I*
* Social Network Analysis
* Marketing Modeling
* Advanced Organizational Sociology
* Economics of Innovation and Technological Change
* Accounting II
* Qualitative Research Methods
* International Business
* Advanced Marketing Strategy
* Labor Relations & Human Resource Management
* Technology and Innovation Management - Advanced
* Empirical Research in Management Accounting
* Laboratory and Field Experimental Methods
* These courses are jointly offered with the PhD in Economics and Finance
* Advanced Quantitative Methods for Management Science Research (24h) (E. Borgonovo)
Third year / Fourth year
The third and fourth years are largely devoted to research and the preparation of the thesis. Students will have to:
* attend the PhD Seminar in Business Administration & Management
* attend two Advanced Topics offered by the Program:
- Advanced Topics in Business Policy & Strategy (12h) (A. Parmigiani)
- Advanced Topics in Organization and Management Theory (12h) (E. Netchaeva)
* give two seminar presentations on their research, at least one in Bocconi
Bocconi PhD in BAM regularly involves an international network of distinguished professors.
Application can be submitted by Italian and non-Italian citizens who have completed or are completing their graduate studies.
Graduate qualifications accepted:
* - Italian degrees: two-year or four-year graduate degrees (for the PhD in Legal Studies: second cycle -graduate - degrees:e.g. five-year degree in Law)
* - non-Italian degrees of equivalent Italian standard recognised as such by the Admission Board.
Candidates whose required qualifications are still pending can take part in the selection. If they are selected, they will be admitted conditionally, and will only be enrolled if they obtain the required qualifications by 31st October 2015.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.