|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014, September 2015|
|Credits:|| 180 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||36 months|
|Partnership:|| Erasmus Mundus Scholarship |
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
EDE-EM is a doctoral programme in economics that gathers 7 leading European institutions, among which University Ca' Foscari Venice.
The EDE-EM Program welcomes around 25 students each year. Admission is based on excellence in previous masters degree studies or equivalent. This degree does not have to be in economics, although interest in economics is certainly desirable and a strong background in mathematics will be helpful together with fluent written and spoken English. The programme is organised in three years.
PhD students enrolled in EDE-EM will join PhD colleagues from the Avanced School of Economics (SSE) in Venice. EDE-EM PhD students are jointly supervised by two advisers (one in Venice and one in the other chosen university among the EDE-EM partners), through a co-tutelle agreement. The preparation of the PhD thesis will be carried out in alternating periods of at least two semesters in both universities.
This programme takes place in Venice (Italy, Europe) on the main campus of Ca Foscari, one of the leading European universities.
This Doctoral Programme mainly aims to train experts in research activities related to the economic field.
Important features of the Programme
* Mobility: stay of at least two semesters in two universities of the Consortium
* Joint supervision with two supervisors, one in each institution
* Possibility of additional mobility within the Consortium or outside, including intership
* All scientific courses in English
* Mandatory courses on the local language: 2 ECTS per semester during 3 years (= 12 ECTS, for the 3 years)
* Presentation of a research paper at least 3 times: in each of the two supervising universities of the Consortium and in the annual EDE-EM Jamboree
* Joint Doctorate degree, entitled "European Doctorate in Economics - Erasmus Mundus", officially recognized as a doctorate degree by the mobility universities, with the same rights and duties as their national degree
* Double degree if one of the mobility universities is not part of the Joint Doctorate Degree Consortium. This double degree consists of two independent degrees awarded by the two mobility universities. Each degree is fully recognized in the country in which it has been issued. Both degree-granting universities will sign a Co-tutelle Agreement which fully recognizes the doctoral training of the PhD student in the other university
* Every year a scientific activity is organized for the entire cohort of PhD students (Summer School in the first year, and Jamborees in the two other years)
* Progress Report at the end of each year, to be approved by the Joint Doctoral Committee
* Teaching Assistant position mandatory for each student in the Programme
* Employement Contract under French Low (through the University of Paris 1) for all the students with an Erasmus Mundus fellowship
* Mentor assigned to each student
* Placement of students also organized at the Consortium level (in addition to the two universities)
* Italian Second Cycle Degree (Laurea Specialistica according to Ministerial Decree No 509/1999 or Laurea Magistrale according to Ministerial Decree No 270/2004);
* Italian Degree taken in compliance with the so-called Vecchio Ordinamento (before Ministerial Decree No 509/1999);
* equivalent academic qualification gained abroad, as previously recognised to be suitable.
* Good knowledge of English is an essential requirement. Applicants whose first language is not English must submit an English test certificate (TOEFL, IELTS, etc.).
For any further information about the type of academic qualification required and any possible additional requirements, please refer to the call for admission to the Research Doctorates.
For all the degree courses (both Italian-taught and English-taught programmes) an English language certificate (minimum level B1) is required. Applicants can find the official list of certifications recognized at:
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||550|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||76|