|Application deadline:||April, 24th 2015 at 1.00 pm (Italian Time)|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Duration full-time:||36 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The PhD Programme is organized into two main subject areas, which incorporate languages, language science, literature and culture within numerous scientific and cultural projects:
* Modern Languages, Cultures and Societies,
The Modern Languages, Cultures and Societies curriculum is aimed at the advanced study of languages and cultures of modern societies, based on the communication between complex cultural systems, and examined through the analysis and interpretation of literary and cultural texts in a foreign language. This essential tool in gaining a deep understanding of all cultures and traditions is applied from both a specific and a comparative angle.
The Linguistics curriculum is aimed at the development of theoretical critical thinking that is suitable for facing specialized research themes and issues in linguistic theory, language education, linguistics of various languages (including Sign Language), applied linguistics, computational linguistics, synchronic and diachronic language theory, and foreign language teaching.
Modern Languages, Cultures and Societies curriculum:
* Modern languages,
* Literature and cultures in the following areas - covering stylistic, rhetorical, philological, historical and epistemological aspects focusing on both the specific factors deriving from the differing contexts and the more broad comparative perspective regarding communication between complex cultural systems: Angloamerican culture and literature;
* English culture and literature;
* English postcolonial culture and literature;
* French and European Francophone culture and literature;
* Ibero-american culture and literatue;
* Spanish, Catalan and Portuguese (from the Iberian peninsula) culture and literature;
* Lusophone literature and culture in Latin American and Africa;
* Austrian and German culture and literature;
* Culture, literature, philology, history and beliefs related to the following languages: Albanian, Bulgarian; Czech; Croatian; Greek; Polish; Russian; Serbian; Slovenian.
* Grammatical theory, synchronic and diachronic;
* Generative grammar;
* Theoretical linguistics;
* Foreign language teaching and Italian as a foreign language;
* Applied linguistics;
* Computational linguistics.
Given the broad and in-depth preparation, the PhD graduate will be able to employ the skills acquired not only in an academic research environment but also, according to the specific subject area studied, in highly skilled roles in fields which cover internationalisation and the study of language.
- "Laurea specialistica" or "laurea magistrale" (second cycle degree);
- or degree awarded under the system ("ordinamento") in place prior to the one introduced by Ministerial Decree (D.M.) no. 509 of 03 November 1999, amended by Ministerial Decree (D.M.) no. 270 of 22 October 2004;
- or second-level academic qualification ("titoli accademici di secondo livello") awarded by institutions belonging to the AFAM ("Alta Formazione Artistica e Musicale") sector;
- or Masters degree qualification obtained abroad, comparable in terms of duration, level and discipline field to the Italian qualification granting admission to the PhD Programme.
Candidates are required to have certified English proficiency at least B2 level - under the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) - at the time of enrolment, except for the possibility of acquiring it subsequently, by no later than December 31st, 2015, otherwise they will be excluded from the PhD Programme.
For any further information about the type of academic qualification required and any possible additional requirements, please refer to the call for admission to the PhD Programmes.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.