Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The program has been designed to educate young academics in the area of natural sciences and prepare them for research oriented functions at internal and external positions in academia.
Admission Requirements(1) Admission requirements to the doctorate program in Natural Sciences at the Johannes Kepler University Linz include:
1. successful completion of subject area in natural sciences (diploma degree program or Masters program) completed at an Austrian university.
2. successful complete of a subject area in a teacher training program qualifying the candidate to teach a field of natural sciences.
3. in accordance to requirements of corresponding regulations, the successful completion of subject area in natural sciences from a University of Applied Sciences (diploma degree program or Masters program)
4. successful completion of the areas of studies in paragraphs 1 and 2, the equivalent study of natural sciences completed at a recognized post-secondary institute of higher education in Austria or abroad. The equivalent of studies is the completion of 240 ECTS credits (please submit verification) and the degree of admission to the subject area may not if necessary, under inclusion of the requirement of examinations required to be completed during the doctorate program (§64 Sec. 4, Universities Act 2002) exceed 90% of the degree of the applied studies as a comparative basis. To receive full credit, 270 ECTS credits is required (please submit verification).
(2) For students intending to pursue doctorate studies, we recommend contacting and consulting with a dissertation supervisor (professors at the Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences) prior to seeking admission to the program and including the corresponding dissertation topic with the application of admission.
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.