The program has been designed to educate young academics in the area of natural sciences and prepare them for research oriented functions at internal and external positions in academia.
Admission Requirements(1) Admission requirements to the doctorate program in Natural Sciences at the Johannes Kepler University Linz include:
1. successful completion of subject area in natural sciences (diploma degree program or Masters program) completed at an Austrian university.
2. successful complete of a subject area in a teacher training program qualifying the candidate to teach a field of natural sciences.
3. in accordance to requirements of corresponding regulations, the successful completion of subject area in natural sciences from a University of Applied Sciences (diploma degree program or Masters program)
4. successful completion of the areas of studies in paragraphs 1 and 2, the equivalent study of natural sciences completed at a recognized post-secondary institute of higher education in Austria or abroad. The equivalent of studies is the completion of 240 ECTS credits (please submit verification) and the degree of admission to the subject area may not if necessary, under inclusion of the requirement of examinations required to be completed during the doctorate program (§64 Sec. 4, Universities Act 2002) exceed 90% of the degree of the applied studies as a comparative basis. To receive full credit, 270 ECTS credits is required (please submit verification).
(2) For students intending to pursue doctorate studies, we recommend contacting and consulting with a dissertation supervisor (professors at the Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences) prior to seeking admission to the program and including the corresponding dissertation topic with the application of admission.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!
Since its inception in 1966, the JKU has become a successful and innovative center for science, academics and society. Today, the JKU has become one of the largest educational institutions in Upper Austria and enjoys an international reputation not only in conducting base-knowledge research, but also in applied-oriented research.