Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This PhD program refers to the research of nanomaterials and nanostructures and their applications to biology and medicine including: Cell manipulation, Neuroscience, Biosensors, Tissue Engineering, Detection/Therapy.
Nanoscience and nanotechnology as the interdisciplinary fields are among the most dramatically developing areas of science and technology today.
Nanotechnologies exhibit an extremely broad range of applications, from electronic to medicine, promising novel, dynamic and radical innovations in different industrial sectors and spheres of human life.
RESEARCH AREA: NANOMATERIALS
* Topic 1: Magnetic and electronic properties of metallic nanoparticles
* Topic 2: Structural and electronic properties of carbon nanostructures
* Topic 3: Giant magnetoresistance in novel spin valves
* Topic 4: Nanodetection of the free radicals
* Topic 5: Ferroelectric and multiferroic nanostructures
* Topic 6: Effects of Confinement on Phase Transitions in Nanoporous Systems
* Topic 7: Development, characterization and application of newly designed complex nano-particles for nano-diagnosis and targeted drug delivery
* Topic 8: The effects of the nanoscale confinement on selected molecular self-assembly systems
* Topic 9: Development of new nanoparticles for magnetic resonance imaging ( MRI) contrast agents
* Topic 10: Nanomaterials applied for drug delivery systems and tissue engineering
RESEARCH AREA: CELL MANIPULATION
* Topic 11: Nanostructures for manipulation and treatment of biological objects
RESEARCH AREA: NEUROSCIENCE
* Topic 12: Novel nanonetworks for contolled growth of neurons
RESEARCH AREA: BIOSENSORS
* Topic 13: Detection of biomolecules by means of nanoparticle/nanostructures
* Topic 14: Biochemical reactions in crowded complex systems and in living cells
RESEARCH AREA: TISSUE ENGINEERING
* Topic 15: New cell scaffolds for tissue engineering
* Topic 16: Generation of nano-vaccines loading of nano carriers with protein and DNA for specific functional targeting of immune cells in vitro and in vivo
* Topic 17: Development of vector nanodelivery systems for transgenesis
* Topic 18: Nanoparticles based monitoring of the presence and expression for transgenes for pharmaceutical purposes
* Topic 19: Structure, dynamics and interactions of membranes
RESEARCH AREA: DETECTION/THERAPY
* Topic 20: Next-Generation Sequencing new diagnostics platform for studies of polygenic diseases
A masters degree or M.Sc. equivalent - in science (e.g. physics, biology, chemistry, medicine, biophysics) or engineering field, obtained not earlier than in 2005, is required for admission in the PhD Program.
* Diploma must be graded at least good (or equivalent).
* Fluent knowledge of English.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
* Official transcripts of an M. Sc. Diploma together with a detailed list of all courses taken.
* Final diploma in attended faculty, obtained not earlier than in 2005.
* Two letters of recommendation, written by individuals (i.e. Tutor/ Referee). Letters should point the applicants suitability for a PhD program.
* A letter of intent (maximum two A4 pages) that presents previous research achievements, participation in conferences and seminars, publications, professional goals and motivation for joining The PhD program in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, suitability for the program, and career goals.
* Optionally: certificates confirming advanced knowledge in English (e.g. CAE or TOEFL).
* Application form.
The documents must be submitted by post. Hard copies of all official documents should be supplied by the interview day.
* Submission of application form: 01.03.2011
* Interviews for shortlisted candidates: 15.03.2011
* Results publication at web sites: 31.03.2011
1) application reviewing
All applications will be reviewed by Admission Committee and short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview in English.
Following criteria will be used during the evaluation:
* The final note on Master Diploma of attended faculty max 10 points
* The adequacy of the prepared letter of intent with the project max 10 points
* International internship, Exchange, publications max 5 points
* Participation in conferences / seminars max 5 points
* English fluency max 5 points
During the interview, the candidates should be prepared to answer questions related to the submitted letter of intent and content of the M. Sc. thesis, their scientific background and expertise, as well as some general questions. English fluency will also be verified.
The interview will be held at Faculty of Physics at Adam Mickiewicz University, in Poznan.
For candidates from abroad a teleconference will be organized if necessary.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||540|
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.