|Application deadline:||March 11|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2015|
|Duration full-time:||36 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
As a part of the CEA (French Atomic Energy and Alternative Energies Commission), the National Institute for Nuclear Science and Technology (INSTN) is a higher education institution under the joint supervision of the Ministries in charge of higher Education and Industry.
The INSTNs mission is to disseminate the knowledge and know-how developed at the CEA. It has been created in 1956, when France decided to launch a nuclear programme, for providing engineers and researchers with high scientific and technological qualifications in all disciplines related to nuclear energy applications.
The INSTN headquaters are located at the Saclay CEA Centre (20 km South of Paris). Four branches are set up in the CEAs centres at Grenoble, Cadarache and Marcoule, and on the campus of Cherbourg-Octeville.
* SL-DEN-12-0772 Thermodynamic Modelling of the Mo-Pd-Rh-Ru-Te-O System. Application to the vitrification of the platinoid fission products
* SL-DEN-12-0595 Rheologic study of an U/Ce oxalate suspension
* SL-DEN-12-0136 Measurement of thermomechanical fields during high cycle thermal fatigue tests
* SL-DEN-12-0382 Hybrid model for anisothermal cyclic viscoplasticity, towards industrial model built on physical base
* SL-DEN-12-0404 Low pH concrete-clay interface: experimental investigation & numerical simulation of resulting physico-chemical evolutions.
* SL-DSM-12-0504 Neutron imaging of non colinear magnetic nano-structures.
* SL-DSM-12-0572 Magnetic nanoparticles for biotechnology applications
* SL-DAM-12-0060 Analysis of interacting fluids by modeling: application to nanomaterials plasma spraying
* SL-DSM-12-0479 Fracture mechanism in the process SmartCut® (thinnning by ion cleaving)
* SL-DEN-12-0007 Modelling the effect of an impurity on the spinodal decomposition of Fe-Cr alloys
* SL-DRT-12-0044 Development of hybrid OLED based upon integration of small molecules from solution
* SL-DRT-12-0072 Hybrid organic / inorganic PECVD coatings for gas sensors
* SL-DEN-12-0079 Simulation of crystallization in a nuclear glass. Approach by Phase-field model and Lattice Boltzmann method
* SL-DEN-12-0103 Study of the influence of Microstructural Evolutions on the Mechanical Properties of 2,25Cr-1Mo Bainitic Steels
* SL-DEN-12-0144 Correlations between structure and properties of SiC fibers under irradiation and in various oxidizing environment
* SL-DSM-12-0158 SiC/MC (M=Ti, Zr, Hf) nanostructured composites fabrication by organometallic synthesis followed by different pyrolysis routes
* SL-DEN-12-0159 Contribution of cellular automaton modelling to the study of uniform and localised corrosion
* SL-DEN-12-0162 Stress corrosion cracking assisted by bacteria in seawater: mooring systems
* SL-DEN-12-0187 Studies of microstructural evolution under irradiation of 6061-T6 aluminium alloy
* SL-DRT-12-0245 Conception of a new magneto resistive sensor applied to large range currents measurements
* SL-DEN-12-0246 Influence of slag on the durability cementitious material : relation with hydration
* SL-DEN-12-0272 Modeling at the atomic scale dislocations in zirconium and titanium
* SL-DRT-12-0286 Piezoelectric nanowire matrices for sensor applications
* SL-DEN-12-0292 Pellet-Cladding Interface characterization on PWR irradiated rod - Research and Development of a Non Destructive method.
* SL-DSM-12-0297 Rheology, structural and transport properties of ionic liquids based electrolytes for lithium batteries.
* SL-DRT-12-0331 ZnO nanowire LEDs
* SL-DSM-12-0336 Ionic liquid under 1D nanometric confinement
* SL-DEN-12-0369 Design and simulation of a composite material suitable for use as high temperature sealing component.
* SL-DSM-12-0435 Molecular beam epitaxy growth and optical characterization of GaN/AlGaN nanowire heterostructures for ultraviolet emission
* SL-DSM-12-0449 Molecular beam epitaxy growth and optical characterization of GaN/GaInN nanowire heterostructures for visible emission
* SL-DEN-12-0455 UO2 plastic behaviour modelling using surface implantation and X micro-diffraction
* SL-DEN-12-0461 In situ gas generation and transport properties of cement-based materials
* SL-DSM-12-0474 Morphology, conductivity and ageing of polymer membranes for PEMFC
* SL-DSM-12-0477 Antiferromagnetic Oxides for Spin electronic devices.
* SL-DSM-12-0481 Advanced TEM to study futur MRAM technologies
* SL-DSM-12-0482 Flux and quasiparticle dynamics in superconducting devices
* SL-DSM-12-0507 Nanoimprint: Towards ordered nanostructures with large aspect ratio
* SL-DEN-12-0510 Toward a better understanding of deformation under irradiation at high dose of zirconium alloys
* SL-DSM-12-0518 New concepts of spintronics magnetic memories more tolerant to defects
* SL-DRT-12-0529 Seeing and counting Lithium atoms in layered oxides used in batteries
* SL-DSM-12-0534 Thermally assisted writing of magnetic memory (MRAM) cells using magnetic field and spin polarized current
* SL-DEN-12-0540 Modeling and numerical simulation of the mechanical behavior and cracking of early-age concrete
* SL-DSM-12-0541 Functionalization of carbon nanotubes by physical vapor deposition assisted by pulsed plasma
* SL-DSM-12-0545 Electric field control of magnetism for spintronic applications.
* SL-DSM-12-0546 Study of domain wall motion in complex magnetic oxides
* SL-DEN-12-0555 Plasticity of nano-reinforced alloys for 4th generation pin claddings: understanding and modeling of the effect of the microstructural parameters on the behavior of models alloys
* SL-DEN-12-0565 Influence of crystalline phases in borosilicate glass chemical durability
* SL-DRT-12-0603 Magnetic nanocomposites with zero macroscopic conductivity
* SL-DRT-12-0608 Biomass ashes influence on agglomeration phenomena occurring in fluidised bed
* SL-DEN-12-0620 Chemical mechanisms during vitrification of containment HLW glass.
* SL-DEN-12-0634 Understanding of bifunctional surfactants self-assembling properties as part of preparation of extracting silica obtained by an "all in one" approach
* SL-DRT-12-0637 Detection of microbial volatile organic compounds with optical transduction
* SL-DRT-12-0646 Elaboration and characterization of dielectrics coatings combining antireflective, doping, and passivating properties: applications to homojunction silicon solar cells
* SL-DEN-12-0650 Study of the cathodic process of the stainless steels corrosion in nitric acid. Modelling of the nitric acid reduction mechanism on stainless steels.
* SL-DEN-12-0661 Effect of (U,Pu)O2 / UO2 interactions on sintering of high amount Pu nuclear fuels
* SL-DRT-12-0666 Development of new grades of dispersion reinforced steels
* SL-DRT-12-0670 Formulations of Inks for the Elaboration of Large Scale Organic Photovoltaic Modules : Decreasing the environmental Impact
* SL-DRT-12-0675 Stress cartography in PV silicon wafers by infrared photoelasticimetry
* SL-DEN-12-0676 Liquid sodium austenitic stainless steel corrosion modeling for sodium cooled generation IV reactor
* SL-DEN-12-0677 Study of retention and radiolysis phenomena of reverse osmosis membranes in the case of radioactive and saline aqueous systems
* SL-DEN-12-0686 Effect of mechanical damage on the thermal properties of ceramic matrix composites: application to tubular pieces
* SL-DEN-12-0690 Potential of calcium sulfoaluminate cements for the solidification/stabilization of ion exchange resins saturated with borate and lithium ions
* SL-DRT-12-0696 (Poly)electrolyte synthesis for high energy density Li-ion batteries
* SL-DRT-12-0714 Effect of hydrogen on fatigue of ferritic steels - Application to hydrogen pressure vessel design
* SL-DRT-12-0720 Crystalline nucleation of MOCVD GaN nanowires on conducting substrates for next generation LEDs
* SL-DRT-12-0730 Implementation of alternative oxygen electrode for high temperature steam electrolysis
* SL-DEN-12-0735 Evolution under irradiation of the fuel / cladding interface of fuel rods of pressurized water reactors
* SL-DEN-12-0742 Effect of radiation and radiolysis on the corrosion mechanisms of zirconium alloys
* SL-DEN-12-0743 Identification and modelling of chemical diffusion processes in the bulk and through grain boundaries during the corrosion of a metallic substrate : application to the zirconium based alloys
* SL-DEN-12-0750 Irradiation assisted stress corrosion cracking mechanisms of irradiated stainless steels in pWR environment
* SL-DEN-12-0751 Irradiation and metallurgical state effect on the resistance of zirconium alloys to iodine induced stress corrosion cracking : Experimental study and modelling
* SL-DRT-12-0754 Laser assisted low temperature growth of graphene and CNT
* SL-DRT-12-0756 Integration of direct metal bonding : from material deposition to electrical device
* SL-DRT-12-0762 Piezoelectric thin films for Microsystems
* SL-DRT-12-0767 Study of bio-compatible materials for 3D silicon devices
* SL-DRT-12-0775 Study of the microstruture of core-shell InGaN/GaN nanowires for Light Emitting Diodes
* SL-DRT-12-0783 Polymers thin films deposition by iCVD; application to gas sensors
* SL-DEN-12-0784 Stress corrosion cracking of weld metals.
* SL-DEN-12-0808 Role of hydrogen in corrosion of Ni base alloys in PWR primary simulated media: kinetic study of absorption and trapping mechanisms
* SL-DRT-12-0815 experimental and numerical studies of HIP densification of metallic powders to produce 3D complex parts
* SL-DRT-12-0830 Low environmental-impact dielectrics for Microsystems
* SL-DEN-12-0834 Thermodynamic study of the U-Zr-O-Fe-Si-Ca - Application to the interaction between corium/concrete during a severe accident
* SL-DEN-12-0837 Reactivity Injection Accident induced fracture of fuel claddings : Experimental study and modelling
* SL-DEN-12-0841 Effect of irradiation on Cr precipitation and intergranular segregation in FeCr alloys
* SL-DEN-12-0844 A study of the transport of tritium in model materials representative of the oxided structures encountered in diverse nuclear reactors
* SL-DRT-12-0845 Crystalline silicon ingots quality improvement for solar cells
* SL-DRT-12-0854 Implantation in GaN HEMT structures to produce Normally Off behaviour
* SL-DEN-12-0861 Atomic scale modelling of hydrogen implantation in silicon (Smart-Cut process?)
* SL-DRT-12-0863 Surface imaging and spectromicroscopy applied to photovoltaics for photocurrent, work function and carrier lifetime measurements.
* SL-DEN-12-0868 Numérical and experimental study of long-term creep of austenitic stainless steels
* SL-DRT-12-0873 Development of a hydrometallurgical process for the recycling of new Li-ion batteries
* SL-DEN-12-0883 micromechanical prediction of the intergranular damage observed induced by stress corrosion cracking
* SL-DRT-12-0884 Non destructive Evaluation by methods coupling non-linear ultrasound and array techniques
* SL-DEN-12-0895 Modelling internal corrosion cladding in the fast breeder reactors with coolant sodium
* SL-DRT-12-0908 Development of XRR and GIXRF combined analysis
* SL-DEN-12-0920 AMORPHIZATION AND RECRYSTALLIZATION OF SILICON CARBIDE IRRADIATED BY HEAVY IONS
* SL-DEN-12-0975 Understanding and modelling of the damage at high temperatures of ferritic and martensitic Oxide Dispersion Strengthened steels (ODS)
* SL-DAM-12-0977 Experimental characterization and simulation of adhesion properties in multilayered structures
* SL-DAM-12-0981 Equation of state (EOS) of pre-heated metallic samples. Experimental studies and numerical modelling
* SL-DAM-12-0988 Contribution to design, calculation, manufacturing and study of mechanical behaviour of composite flywheels
* SL-DAM-12-0989 development of oxide fibre reinforced modified BAS matrix composite. Thermal and mechanical characterizations.
* SL-DSM-12-1013 Multiscale numerical simulation of the ductile-to brittle transition in ferritic steels
Admission to the Doctoral Program is by competitive entrance examination. Admission is reserved for students of all nationalities currently preparing a Masters degree, master 2 or equivalent diploma that qualifies them for registration to a french Ecole Doctorale.
Every year, CEA grants thesis allowances for high level students that prepare their research work in its laboratories.
In 2011, over 340 thesis contracts (3 years) have been granted that cover the full salary (gross montly wage : 2043.54 during the first two years, 2104.62 the third year).
In addition, 70 thesis contracts have also been granted with the financial participation of an industrial, a research organism or another institutional partner (French region) (see: "Thèses: Financement / Candidatures" on our Website for information on the different types of CEA Thesis Contracts).
Thesis subjects proposed by CEA laboratories and eligible for such grants for the next academic year are posted in the following pages. These are refreshed very often to account for newly proposed thesis positions in CEA laboratories as science and technology progress.