|Application deadline:||March 11|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2013|
|Duration full-time:||36 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Project type:||Open, Predefined|
As a part of the CEA (French Atomic Energy and Alternative Energies Commission), the National Institute for Nuclear Science and Technology (INSTN) is a higher education institution under the joint supervision of the Ministries in charge of higher Education and Industry.
The INSTNs mission is to disseminate the knowledge and know-how developed at the CEA. It has been created in 1956, when France decided to launch a nuclear programme, for providing engineers and researchers with high scientific and technological qualifications in all disciplines related to nuclear energy applications.
The INSTN headquaters are located at the Saclay CEA Centre (20 km South of Paris). Four branches are set up in the CEAs centres at Grenoble, Cadarache and Marcoule, and on the campus of Cherbourg-Octeville.
* SL-DEN-12-0107 Methodologies for the Advanced Treatment, Analysis and Diagnostic of experimental signals : an application of the behaviour of a fuel element in an accident situation
* SL-DAM-12-0319 Propagation of measurement uncertainties between time and frequency domains in waveform metrology
* SL-DEN-12-0711 Development of an analytic micro device for the radiological characterization of the waste.
* SL-DRT-12-0759 Study of new printable materials Silicon based for the development of thermoelectric sensors
* SL-DRT-12-0820 ToF-SIMS analysis of organic multilayers for optoelectronic applications
* SL-DRT-12-0908 Development of XRR and GIXRF combined analysis
* SL-DAM-12-1045 Study and design of an optoelectronic interferometer for velocity measurements in materials dynamics
Admission to the Doctoral Program is by competitive entrance examination. Admission is reserved for students of all nationalities currently preparing a Masters degree, master 2 or equivalent diploma that qualifies them for registration to a french Ecole Doctorale.
Every year, CEA grants thesis allowances for high level students that prepare their research work in its laboratories.
In 2011, over 340 thesis contracts (3 years) have been granted that cover the full salary (gross montly wage : 2043.54 during the first two years, 2104.62 the third year).
In addition, 70 thesis contracts have also been granted with the financial participation of an industrial, a research organism or another institutional partner (French region) (see: "Thèses: Financement / Candidatures" on our Website for information on the different types of CEA Thesis Contracts).
Thesis subjects proposed by CEA laboratories and eligible for such grants for the next academic year are posted in the following pages. These are refreshed very often to account for newly proposed thesis positions in CEA laboratories as science and technology progress.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test