|Application deadline:||1 February|
|Tuition fee:||Not specified|
|Start date:||August 2015|
|Duration full-time:||48 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Our PhD program is designed for candidates with proven academic capabilities, and the potential for advanced analytical research in financial economics, and particularly in the areas of corporate finance and asset pricing. We offer:
* First-class four-year program, entirely in English
* Well-designed and diverse course portfolio
* Close interaction between PhD students and faculty
* Faculty dedicated to excellence in research
* World-class seminar series that expose students to research frontier
* Excellent research and learning resources
* Generous funding for excellent students
* Diverse, international student group
* Great environment for studying and conducting research
The Finance group has an international focus, and aims to train, guide, and support its students to become world-class researchers, or industry professionals, with the knowledge, experience and networks to influence global opinion within the finance arena.
Each scholarship is for a period of four years and combines the PhD program at NHH with work as a teaching and/or research assistant at the Department. The work requirement corresponds to 25% of a full position, with the remaining 75% dedicated to the successful completion of a PhD.
We offer generous PhD research scholarships currently amounting to 420 800 NOK per year (approximately 50 600 Euro). The scholarships are subject to Norwegian taxes and social benefit fees that cover health care and membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
The Finance Department seeks to attract the best of candidates to join our group of researchers, and therefore has a strict policy for admission to the PhD program. We place particular emphasis on the following criteria:
* High scores in a completed Masters degree in finance or economics, or another quantitative discipline from an internationally reputable university
* Evidence of adequate scores for GMAT or GRE tests taken within the last three years
* A good command of the English language
Applicants must fulfil the admission requirements of the PhD program. Only complete applications are considered. Qualified applicants with research proposals that fit best with the research interests of the Department of Finance will be prioritized. While proof of standardized test scores is not formally required for students with a Masters degree from a Scandinavian institution, such scores are looked upon favorably in the competitive screening process.
The application for a PhD Research Scholarship is joint with the application to the PhD programme. All applicants to the PhD programme will automatically be considered for scholarships, unless they request otherwise.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||575|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||90|
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.