|Application deadline:||1 February 2014|
|Tuition fee:||Not specified|
|Start date:||August 2014, August 2015|
|Duration full-time:||48 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Finance is an important subject area at NHH, with approximately one-third of the Masters students majoring in finance. The Department offers a wide range of finance courses, primarily at the Masters and PhD level.
The Department has an international faculty, many with PhD degrees from some of the worlds leading universities, and regularly publish high quality research in the top finance journals. Our faculty members are actively presenting their research at international conferences, workshops and faculty research seminars at other institutions. Our broad international network and collaboration with universities in Europe, North America, and Asia, allow our faculty members and PhD students to regularly invite and interact with top scholars in the field.
As a PhD student you will have frequent opportunities to get feedback on your research through research-based courses, seminars, individual meetings with your supervisor, as well as through interaction with other faculty members and PhD students.
Each scholarship is for a period of four years and combines the PhD program at NHH with work as a teaching and/or research assistant at the Department. The work requirement corresponds to 25% of a full position, with the remaining 75% dedicated to the successful completion of a PhD.
We offer generous PhD research scholarships currently amounting to 420 800 NOK per year (approximately 50 600 Euro). The scholarships are subject to Norwegian taxes and social benefit fees that cover health care and membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
The Finance Department seeks to attract the best of candidates to join our group of researchers, and therefore has a strict policy for admission to the PhD program. We place particular emphasis on the following criteria:
High scores in a completed Masters degree in finance or economics, or another quantitative discipline from an internationally reputable university
Evidence of adequate scores for GMAT or GRE tests taken within the last three years
A good command of the English language
APPLICATIONS / FURTHER INFORMATION
Applicants must fulfil the admission requirements of the PhD program. Only complete applications are considered. Qualified applicants with research proposals that fit best with the research interests of the Department of Finance will be prioritized. While proof of standardized test scores is not formally required for students with a Masters degree from a Scandinavian institution, such scores are looked upon favorably in the competitive screening process.
The application for a PhD Research Scholarship is joint with the application to the PhD programme. All applicants to the PhD programme will automatically be considered for scholarships, unless they request otherwise.