30.3 kilometres away in Klagenfurt am Wörthersee
46.9 kilometres away in Ljubljana
60.6 kilometres away in Gorizia
64.6 kilometres away in Spittal an der Drau
83.8 kilometres away in Trieste
128.4 kilometres away in Graz
129.8 kilometres away in Graz
169.2 kilometres away in Salzburg
177.8 kilometres away in Salzburg
* Outstanding teaching with world class professors We believe that executive development is a process of transformation, both professional and personal. To make this change happen, our full attention is focused on you. From approachable staff members to inviting buildings, from personal library support to small class sizes, our ideas, resources, and attention are there to make your transformation meaningful, dynamic and real.
* Strong international orientation Excellence in management is universal. Yet, it takes a special kind of effort to adopt the best global knowledge to the unique realities of a particular region. Whether you are joining us from Croatia, Georgia, or Canada, IEDC makes sure that nothing gets lost in translation or loses relevance for your region and experience.
* Place for reflection and innovative learning IEDC uses innovative methods and tools throughout the entire MBA program. So, whether it is the Arts and Leadership Series, the Sustainability for Strategic Advantage course, or our unique one-on-one mentorship with experienced business leaders, you are guaranteed a cutting-edge curriculum celebrated internationally for its innovation and impact.
* Widespread Alumni network You have seen that who you know is as important as what you know. And at IEDC, spending 17 intense weeks in the company of accomplished managers and leading scholars marks only the beginning of relationships that last a lifetime. An alumni network of over 40,000 executives from more than 60 countries awaits you at graduation
* Stimulating and creative learning environment You realize that learning is much more than cutting and pasting information from one brain to another. We at IEDC bring together the best teachers in the world with the most promising managers of the region to create a learning process that stretches the mind, expands your leadership repertoire, and changes the quality of decisionmaking for better results.
* Agent of change and an important business meeting point You know that life at the top of an organization is quite different from the rest of the business. Uncertainty, complexity, and rapid change define the reality of a typical executive. The Executive MBA at IEDC helps you connect the dots across core management disciplines, develop capacity to deal with emerging opportunities, increase your knowledge and respect for the context your business operates within, and prepare you to lead and inspire in an era of massive challenges and high speed.
Over the years, IEDC has earned a reputation as a top-quality international
management school and one of the most prominent management development
institutions in Europe. Since 1986 more than 40,000 executives from more than 60 countries have participated in IEDC programs. One in three participants at IEDC holds a senior
or top management position, and more than 70% come from countries other
than Slovenia. As a center of excellence, IEDC attracts world-famous professors from the best business schools in Europe and North America. Every year, over 50 visiting professors from 30 countries teach in IEDC programs or seminars. IEDC is an agent of change and an important business meeting place in the region. The school is driven by a vision that successful management is affected not only by ones own company and the business world it is part of, but also by the society that surrounds it. Therefore IEDC aims to promote ethical and socially-responsible leadership. Leading social thinkers, business and political leaders lecture regularly there, and an additional focus on contemporary arts opens the mind to the
importance of original and creative thinking. IEDC is one of the most international business schools in Europe. In a typical MBA class more than 15 countries are represented. State-of-the-art facilities provide a comfortable and stimulating learning environment, and encourage the ongoing exchange of ideas.
IEDC-Bled School of Management has been accredited by
CEEMAN (Central and East European Management Development Association)
and AMBA (Association of MBAs).
Executive education is best conducted in a pleasant and natural setting away from the hustles of city life and diversions at work. Slovenia is a colorful country with a well-preserved natural environment. In spite of its geographically small size, it is a convergence point of different landscapes Alpine and Mediterranean, Pannonian and Dinaric each of which has its own characteristics and unique features. At the heart of Europe, between Austria to the north, Italy to the west, Hungary to the east and Croatia to the south, Slovenia has always been a crossroads of trans-European routes. You will surely be surprised by many of its special attractions.
IEDC-Bled School of Management is located in idyllic and tranquil Bled, which has been described as the kind of place that can still astonish even the most spoiled and satiated cosmopolitan. The beautifully sited and designed campus overlooks breathtaking scenes of the Alpine lake Bled. Yet, it is only 30 minutes from the airport and 50 minutes from Slovenias capital Ljubljana.
Bled, a town with over thousand years of histroy, was already famous at the beginning of the 20th century as the most beautiful health spa of the then Austrian empire and attracted the European aristocratic elite. Cosmopolitan seekers of diversity and beauty, of relaxation and inspiration, tranquility and the outdoors will find here a multitude of opportunities. Golfers, for example, will be able to enjoy the Bled golf course which is considered to be one of the most beautiful courses in Europe. The image of Bled with the castle, the lake and the island in the middle of the lake, are sights that made Bled known all over the world.
With its natural beauty, points of historical interest and an advantageous geographical location south of the Alps, Bled is an ideal place for learning and reflection.
Bled is approximately 60 km from Ljubljana, the capital of Slovenia, and 45 km from the national borders with Austria and Italy, with excellent motorway, rail, and air links to Slovenia and the rest of Europe. The nearest international airport is 36 km away.
IEDC-Bled School of Management is a unique place to learn, reflect and to meet other managers and leaders; since 2000, when it moved to its current location, it is known as one of the most attractive management institutions in the Region.
The modern buildings, designed by a renowned Slovene architect, Mr. Vojteh Ravnikar, overlook breathtaking scenes of the Alpine lake Bled and are surrounded by an international sculpture park, stimulating staff, participants and visitors to think and act creatively and innovatively.
The complex of three buildings features modern amphitheatres, seminar rooms and a library, which are equipped to receive audio, video and electronic data, including wireless computer access.
IEDC has extensive computing facilities for use by participants and staff for learning and teaching; they can connect laptop computers directly to the IEDC server and the internet.
The facilities at the Resource Center include an up-to-date book stock and a wide range of journals and periodicals including journal articles in electronic format.
IEDC Resource Center
The IEDC Resource Center is open to alumni, partners, business associates, faculty and participants to IEDC programs.
Monday to Friday, 9.00 - 17.00 hrs
Saturdays, by appointment
During official holidays, by appointment
The collection consists of social science materials, focused on the field of management studies. The collections covers: Business Education, Entrepreneurship, Finance & Accounting, General Management, Human Resources Management, International Economic Environment, Leadership, Macro Micro Economics, Marketing, Operations Management, Organizational Behavior, Skills.
The IEDC Resource Centermaintains a collection of articles relevant to the subjects taught at the IEDC. The articles are not for loan, and serve as reference for faculty, students, alumni and other interested parties.
The IEDC Resource Centerhas a collection of about 5000 books - mainly classics and core texts in the area of economics, business and management. The books are organized according by subject area.
Books can be borrowed for 30 days, after registration at the IEDC Resource Center.
For reference purposes only, the IEDC Resource Center maintains a database of case studies, mainly originating from Harvard Business School, IESE, and Richard Ivey School of Business. This provides a good source of information for professors and trainers while preparing their course materials. Subsequent use of these materials is subject to the terms and conditions specified by the publisher.
Newspapers, magazines and periodicals
The IEDC Resource Center subscribes to numerous national, regional or international newspapers and periodicals. In addition, it maintains an archive of 5 years of past issues of these periodicals.
Online databases and services
The IEDC Resource Center is subscribed to the following online databases:
* ProQuest Central and ProQuest Dissertations and Theses - A&I
* Web of Science (WoS)
* EBSCOhost SpringerLink
Do you work here? Please register in order to update this page.
Many organisations offer scholarships or grants. Some of these might help you to study for a PhD at IEDC Bled School of Management!